Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Indie Spotlight: Paint Shop Polish Fall 2014 Matte Collection

*Paint Shop Polish products provided for honest and unbiased review*

Hello, everyone!  I hope you're all having a great weekend so far!  Any baseball fans out there?  There's a heck of a World Series going on and, though I'm much more of a football fan, I'm pretty excited that the Royals are in it.  I'm from Kansas and this is the first time they've made it to the WS in 29 years!  That's something to be excited about, right?  Anyway, on to the polish!!

Paint Shop Polish is an indie brand based out of Pittsburgh who's been making polish for about a year and a half.  I was lucky enough to swatch for Candi in the past (here's a link to that post) so when she asked me to swatch a few polishes from her Fall 2014 LE collection, I was thrilled to accept.  I've got 4 polishes from that collection to show you today, so let's get to it!



Cherry Berry is first up.  A raspberry colored jelly with a satin, semi-matte finish, Cherry Berry is a great fall color!  And since it's a jelly, the squishy factor is high and would be fun to play with in a jelly sandwich.
 

This is a fairly sheer polish and I'm showing 5 (!) coats to get the opacity you see in these photos.  Of course, it could be easily layered over another polish if you don't want to deal with that many coats.   The formula was smooth and easy to apply, no real issues to report.


As I said before, Cherry Berry has a semi-matte finish, as do all of the polishes I'll be showing you today.  You can choose to keep that finish or add a matte top coat to bump up the effect or even a regular top coat to make everything all shiny.  Be careful if you choose to leave the natural finish of the polish, as they do take a while to dry without top coat.


Next up is Bad Romance.  This is a hard color to describe and it's showing up much more neutral in these photos than it actually is...my camera fails yet again :(  A heather grey base with pink to lavender shimmer, Bad Romance is just plain pretty.  It's one of my favorite colors of the 4 and I don't think I have anything else quite like it.


Bad Romance is opaque in 2-3 coats and I'm showing 3 with no top coat here.  Another nice formula with no streaking or dragging issues.  I wish I would have used a matte top coat on this because I think it would have looked spectacular, but I'll have to save that for another time.
 

Bad Romance is a great, soft polish that would transition well from work to whatever you have planned after.  The color is unique but not in-your-face...I think you'll catch yourself staring at your nails a lot with this one ;)


No Plain Jane is an orchid metallic with a bit of blue shimmer.  You know I love a purple polish, so this one is a bit of a no-brainer for me.  


Opaque in 3-4 coats (I'm showing 4 here), No Plain Jane has a smooth application and I experienced no issues at all with the formula.   Of the 4, NPJ has the least satin finish I thought so I'd definitely recommend a matte top coat if you want to emphasize that.


 A pretty color and a good formula, what more could you ask for?



Last but not least (especially since it's my favorite of this post) is Blue Steel.  The name of this polish makes me giggle because all I can think about is Zoolander...I'm not sure if that's what Candi intended when she named it, but there it is nonetheless.  Blue Steel is a gunmetal grey with shimmery bits throughout...love, love, love this color!  Especially for fall!



This is the most opaque polish of the bunch, almost a one coater though I'm showing 2 coats in these photos.  The formula was near perfect with no streaking or dragging and a beautiful finish.  If you're tempted to pick up only one of these polishes, Blue Steel is a must-have!


All of these polishes are currently available on the Paint Shop Polish Etsy site for $5.50 for a 5ml mini bottle and $10 for a full size 15ml bottle.  This is a Limited Edition collection so don't wait to grab any you may like, they won't be around forever!  Be sure to follow Paint Shop Polish on Facebook to keep updated on new releases and other important info!

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!