Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Indie Spotlight: Spellbound Nails Can I Keep You?

*Spellbound Nails products provided for honest and unbiased review.  All other products mentioned were purchased by me*

Hello, hello!  I'm continuing with the Halloween theme today with a gorgeous Spellbound Nails polish.  Ashley, owner and creator of Spellbound Nails, has a created a beautiful Halloween collection inspired by the movie Casper.  Along with Hocus Pocus, Casper is a movie I make sure to watch around Halloween every year...it's just so cute!  So when I found out Ashley was making a polish collection inspired by it, I knew it would be really special.  The collection is titled Give Up the Ghost and contains 6 polishes, 5 of which glow in the dark.  I've got one of these to show you today and it just so happens to be my favorite of the collection!


Can I Keep You? is obviously (at least if you've seen the movie) inspired by the line Casper whispers to Kat after they first meet and later when he becomes human for the night.  Can I Keep You? is an amethyst crelly base with bright yellow stars and hexes and orange shreds.


There's no two ways about it, this polish is just fun!  You guys know I was sunk at purple, but I love the glitter combo in it as well!  The formula here is also good, opaque in 2-3 coats (I'm wearing 3 here with one coat of Seche Vite on top) and the glitters were quite easy to get out of the bottle.  Please ignore the bubbly you see in the macro shot...that was an application error (cuz I was going too fast!) and has nothing to do with the polish itself.  If you give a bit more time between layers to let the polish dry, you won't have an issue.  I know better, but I was just in a hurry to get this lovely on my nails!
 

In addition to beautiful color, fun glitter, and a great formula, Can I Keep You? has a super strong glow in the dark effect!  My poor camera isn't well equipped to deal with photos in the dark, but even it grabbed a pretty good shot of the glow on this beauty.  
 
  
 Ashley's creations never let me down and, if you're looking for a fun Halloween collection to try out this year, I highly recommend the Give Up the Ghost collection!  Can I Keep You? is currently available on the Spellbound Nails site for $9 for a full size bottle.  If you love the whole collection, you can nab it in full size for $53 or mini for $27 (which is a great deal on both counts!).  Be sure to check out Spellbound Nails on Facebook to keep up to date on new releases, swatch photos, and other important info!

Thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed the post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!